If you are interested in getting involved with the Mason Chooses Kindness Initiative, we would love to have you! We have several different committees and ways to get involved and engaged. For more information, please contact MCK Co-Chairs: Dr. Nance Lucas, Executive Director, Center for the Advancement of Well-Being at MCK@gmu.edu. or Lewis Forrest, Associate Dean, University Life at MCK@gmu.edu.
MCK 2021-22 WORKING GROUPS
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
- Act as a sounding board for MCK marketing and communication strategies and tools.
- Assist in the development and execution innovative ideas, while providing feedback on marketing activities as requested.
- Maintain updated website and use MCK social media platforms to dissemination information about events and resources.
PROGRAM & EVENT PLANNING
- Serve as the primary organizing group for MCK program identification and development.
- Assist with assessing existing programs.
- Organize planning groups for MCK signature events, including identified Kindness Days, SI2GO trucks, chalking events, and other programs.
- Plan and launch annual Mason kindness perception survey.
ONBOARDING KINDNESS AT MASON
- Serve as the primary organizing group which will identify and capitalize on opportunities for MCK to be involved in (make presentations, visual representation, etc.) for Mason faculty, staff, and student orientations.
- Create generic MCK power point deck for use of all steering committee members and update the deck as needed
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Serve as the primary MCK organizing group to develop and partner to spread kindness recognition efforts across our campus. These recognitions can be existing MCK efforts and/or those formed by newly developed partnerships.
- Collaborate with units/departments that have existing award programs (HR, Alumni Relations, UL)
PATRIOT KINDNESS AMBASSADORS
- Recognize, cultivate, and sustain a group of Mason Patriots (first cohort target: 100 students, faculty, staff, and alumni) who have been nominated and selected as kindness ambassadors. These ambassadors will educate and bring awareness to the recognition of kindness efforts in their work and bring awareness to the MCK initiative on our campus.
- Assist in the recruitment and nomination processes
- Select ambassadors
- Assist in planning and hosting a reception for the ambassadors
SOCIAL JUSTICE & ADVOCACY
- Serve as the primary MCK organizing group that will align MCK with DEI/ social justice & advocacy activities across campus.
- Work to build relationships and draw on the expertise of Mason colleagues to ensure that MCK initiatives are inclusive and reflects the need of our campus community.
- Promote inclusive, courageous, and compassionate acts of kindness that support and uplift Mason’s diverse populations